Youtube just introduced Youtube Red – paid monthly subscription of 9,99$ (currently available only in USA). What we will gain and how it will work if we decide to pay?
What users will gain:
– no advertisements on website and on all Youtube applications
– possibility of downloading movies and watching them offline on mobile device
– video playback in the background with turned off screen (in the mobile YouTube app)
– access to the full resources of YouTube Music, consisting mainly of music videos
– access to a paid Google Play Music plan
– access to new videos “YouTube Originals” created by the most famous YouTubers in cooperation with producers of television movies and series
How it will work:
– Youtube Red is just an additional option on Youtube.com and Youtube apps, not a different website (it is similar to Spotify that most of you probably know)
– Yourube Red users pay once to remove ads from all devices (smartphone, tablet, tv) assigned to your account
– Youtubers that earns on Youtube must approve new agreement with Google, which states that for Youtube Red user ads will be switched off so they won’t earn from ads, but will get some money from subscription fee
– Paid channels is separate issue. Each paid channel operates independently, so for access to each have to pay separately.
I am wondering if people are willing to pay now, while are used to Youtube to be free. What do you think? Are you going to use Youtube Red option?