Sooner or later it should have happened – the biggest social platform is about to introduce Facebook at work. Being genuinely honest the social giant started to talk about business inclined Facebook 5 years ago and bunch of companies have been using the closed beta version for over a year. However now, according to rumours, the platform is ready to be released.
Presumably Facebook at work gives the majority of regular Facebook features, but rather aim to connect co-workers in one place. The interface is going to be the same: with likes, news feed, messenger etc. However some differences will appear – for instance paying Candy Crush is impossible 🙁 User will be able to have to profiles simultaneously – regular and working (in different applications though).
Since there is lack of relevant info so far, I would guess the following:
- This network is going to be solely professional: business posts, news and pics.
- Additional tools may be provided for specific fee (analysis and technical instruments)
- Discorage workers to use Facebook in a working place was not the main purpose. The main purpose is to create business community.
- Typical user can’t create a Facebook at Work profile unless his employee bought a subscription (access, package or else)
- Head Hunting agencies will not be present (at least in the first place) and I believe Facebook at Work will not be transformed into head hunting tool.
I have a faith in this project largely due to Facebook popularity.