Who’d knew that rescuing passengers from catastrophy-dangered plane could be so easy? Maybe this solution isn’t the most simple one from the technological point of view but from the logical point of view it is – if plane os going to crach the easiest way to rescue passengers is to.. remove the cabin and make it come back to the ground on parachutes. Is that a future of commercial flying?
Well it depends. You must be aware that this is not an idea that came from Boeing or Airbus but from the independent Ukrainian aviation engeineer (Vladimir Tatarenko) so despite it is great (in my opinion) it would be really hard to implement it into future plane constructions. Large corporations like to buy various solutions but rather to prevent competition for using it.
Howewer this solution is not without it defects:
- well first of all – would it really work? It looks good, amost perfect solution but this kind of technology would need to be tested really hard – I mean without wings and engines at all passengers would die for sure;
- what will happen with detached part (with the wings and engines). Would it fly wherever and crash in random place? Imagine it in the city!
- what will happen with pilots? Are they staying to control detached part or go to be safe with passengers in the cabin?
- from the movie we can see landing on the flat ground and water, but what would happen in the mountines? Would it crash or expose passengers for dangerous situations?
- probably it would be impossible to adjust already existing planes to this kind of standard – it will force to produce new planes which increase environmental pollution;
- this kind of sulution for sure will increase the cost of production of planes which will increase plane tickets cost, etc.;
As you can see brilliant ideas are not always the easiest ones to implement. We must think if already existing solutions are enough reliable or if we need to modernize this part of public transportation.
P.S.: That is my last 5th post. Hope you didn’t get bored. Thanks for reading.
Latest posts by filipgrudzewski (see all)
- “Passengers please remain calm. We are just going to crash” - 26 January 2016
- Smaller is back in the game! - 14 December 2015
- To photograph or not to photograph? – that is the question. - 15 November 2015