This is a surgical device that makes it easier for doctors to perform surgery. Da Vinci robot allows precise execution of complicated surgical procedures, especially in hard to reach areas of the body. However, it is not the only advantages of the robot.
How does it work?
The da Vinci robot consists of two parts of a medical robot and a surgical console. Both devices are a bit distant from each other. During the operation, the surgeon is not at the robot, does not operate directly on the patient, but sits at the console and using it (specifically the control pads) directs the device. In the console glasses, the surgeon has a preview of the operated part of the body – in three dimensions, high definition HD, natural colors, and even in a twenty-fold magnification.
What operations can be done with help of this robot?
– general surgery (eg treatment of gall bladder diseases, achalasia of the esophagus, obesity)
– vascular surgery (eg coronary revascularization, i.e. widening and restoring the narrowed coronary vessel)
– oncological surgery (cancer tumor excision)
– proctology (eg colectomy – partial or complete colon removal)
– urology (eg prostatectomy – excision of the prostate gland, cystectomy – excision of the urinary bladder, nephrectomy, or removal of the kidney)
What do you guys think? Do you see future in robots who help doctors?