New inventions and versions of products are now our part of daily life. Each day new products are being launched having smart, extra and additional features. Alexa from amazon is no exception.
Amazon has added new attributes and skills in Alexa. Almost 100,000 skills have been incorporated in it, which can help users and make their life easy and comfortable.
A recent study published by eMarketer shows the company has a 70.6% market share and the number of voice speaker users is expected to double to 35.6 million this year.
It is observed that Alexa has skills more than requirement of user. Consequently, to save from the pain of remembering these skills Amazon has developed a solution.
- Amazon describes this process as “[inferring] customers’ latent goals.” This means working on any problems that arise from other requests. Amazon gives an example to a customer who asks, “How long does it take to make tea?” To which Alexa would respond “five minutes” before asking to follow up: “Should I set a five-minute counter?”
- Some skills are added into system include Bark Like a Dog, Earth Cam, Harry Potter Trivia, Historical Voices, Slow Speller, Xbox, and Zoo Keeper.
- Some of these scenarios will be useful for users.User can get data and information related to business activities, trades of shares, historical events happened on some particular date and solution of difficult questions. User can get answers of difficult and complex issues within seconds.
- Apparently, it looks nice however, but this is difficult to believe and understand that this feature (which is already available to Alexa customers in English in USA) can be very annoying. If Alexa hears the wrong intentions of the user and offers unwanted skills, that person will certainly be offended.
- Some skills are not added into system and hence use them is required knowledge to get expertise and with practice.
- Four places to avoid putting Amazon Echo in home. Intruders can access our smart speaker from outside if it is placed too close to a window. Near a toilet, On a sink, By a window and Under your TV.
In my opinion, Alexa is supportive and helpful. Amazon’s Alexa is providing service as and when user asks about any business, public activities including historical events. It provides two ways of skills. One type of skills are mentioned as headings with standardized words. In case if inquiry can be submitted to system through above type of skills, other type can be adopted to write in shape of question. It provides timely reliable assistance based upon that we can plan, review, and execute.
It is era of information technology. New inventions are featured with skills that are difficult to understand and to operate the device for some users e.g., people of certain age and those who are not a custom rapid change in technology.
Digital assistants were designed to replace human diversity, but because their intelligence is so limited, they cannot have a cohesive conversation with the user. Human assistants don’t need to use screens to understand requests, communicate information, and complete tasks, which means the ideal digital assistant doesn’t need to.