The role of the Internet in our lives is growing, and every day more and more willing to obtain or share information on the network. But like an ordinary person with no technical expertise to create a website on which he will be able to talk about their culinary discoveries?
There is a solution: You can use the Content Management System (CMS) which will drive all the difficulties in this case to a minimum.
At first, the site was created entirely by hand, which was not able to do people who are not versed in HTML, CSS and so on. Later, there were the so-called templates, CMS (engines) that automate this process. Naturally, CMS became in great demand, so the choice of engines is very high. At present, about 99% of all Internet sites run on one or another CMS’s. In this article we will look at four very reasonably popular platform for creating websites.
The most famous and popular platform is WordPress. This platform was originally developed as a blogging platform, but because of the numerous supplements are often used to create other types of sites. The main advantage of WordPress is easy: all actions can be performed through the admin panel, there is no a great need for knowledge of HTML and CSS. There are a large set of templates, themes and plugins that greatly facilitate the creation of the site. Functionality is so great that difficulties may arise with the choice of one or another. It should also be noted that the WordPress installation is quite simple, so for a beginner it can play a key role in the choice of engine.
Thus, this CMS is ideal for blogs, even though there are many other tools for creating websites. Wide and easy to manage functionality suitable for both novice and experienced webmaster. I want to note that the transfer of WordPress sites with the domain to another domain is very simple.
Advantages of WorldPress:
- Completely free, but you can install paid themes and plugins
- Functionality is not particularly limited. Lots of free plugins and themes.
- Easy to install and learn. Can understand even for inexperienced users.
- Often an update, which includes bug fixes and system vulnerabilities.
Disadvantages of WorldPress:
- A high load on the server due to poor code optimisation.
- Inability to keep the platform with a huge attendance.
- Many plug-ins can interfere with each other or with the topic.
The second most popular CMS is Joomla, more flexible and simple. It would be a good option if you want to create a site with a non-standard structure, for example, a corporate portal. On the downside is the fact that it is, so to say, simple CMS, so it is weak functionality. Many plug-ins and add-ons for Joomla paid. But otherwise it’s a great platform, has a simple interface, a nice design and a large set of templates.
To create and complete development of complex projects is well suited Drupal. First, about the disadvantages.
- It’s quite difficult platform to work with it requires some technical knowledge, but if you have them, work on Drupal will go much more fruitful than other engines.
- This CMS requires modern hardware, otherwise you risk performance. Therefore, make sure that the server load will sustain such a complex system.
Advantages of Drupal:
First of all web developers in Drupal attracts a large variety of modules and high functionality. For example, the Taxonomy module allows to distribute content through the levels, which is very convenient, and the SSK module allows you to create different types of data. Drupal is used when you want to create a structurally complex site such as an online store or corporate website.